I would say, buy it in Europe. That is what I have done. However, getting a mobile phone SIM card in Europe may not be simple. Some people choose to use sim cards from their home country that work in various countries. Although I have never used this solution, some acquaintances of mine have done it and liked this option. My recommendation for a short trip would be to use a local provider, as the acquaintances of mine.

In the case of exchanges and expatriations, I would recommend researching which local companies offer good mobile prices. Two companies I can recommend are Free and Telenor. Both have plans with good internet coverage—which is a priority for me. Honestly, calls and SMS are almost useless in my view. But I know that in Europe they are still widely used.

Some of these foreign companies only offer mobile plans to individuals with residency in the country. If you are staying for an extended period in a place where you are not a resident, you can check the coverage of Aldi or Lyca.

Many years ago I tried using Aldi and the setup was quite complex, requiring fluent German and worked well for only a week. It is an option to check out, it may have improved, but in my experience, it was a waste of money. At the time, I checked Vodafone, but gave up because it was expensive and did not have support in English.

Regarding Lyca, it was simple to set up without having residency in the country, however, the prices were higher than those of other companies. A good temporary solution, but in the long term, it's ideal to check the prices elsewhere.

I hope this post helps you if you are looking for mobile operators abroad.

Take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Tips for flying pregnant

Flying when pregnant can be a bit concerning. First, should you fly at all? When should you stop flying? I am not a doctor, so I would advis...

Popular Post

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved Viagemcast ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ. Template by colorlib